The LinkedIn extension allows you to easily and quickly copy information from LinkedIn. You can then import three different types of profiles to Yellow Yard.
The tool saves the users a lot of time because it automates a lot of work that used to be done manually.
Brief explanation on how to use the extension.
Importing the data is done through the following steps.
How do I install the LinkedIn extension?
The Yellow Yard LinkedIn extension allows you to quickly copy all relevant information from LinkedIn.
This is a small description on how to install the extension.
Start by downloading the .ZIP file from this link. Then unzip the .ZIP file by double-clicking the file. After opening the file, move the linkedin extension folder out to the desired location on your PC (Note: Preferably directly on the C:/ drive so the extension works optimally). The extension will only work if it remains in that location.
Via Google Chrome
Open the Chrome browser and in the address bar, go to chrome://extensions or in the upper right corner, click on the puzzle piece next to the address bar and click on manage extensions.
Then on that page, turn on developer mode, only then can you install the extension.
After this, click on Load unpacked extension in the top left corner.
Now you can use the explorer to select the folder that we put in the desired location earlier. (LinkedIn extension)
After this, turn developer mode off, and close the browser completely. After closing the browser, restart Chrome and log in to Yellow Yard. Open any LinkedIn profile and test if it works! 😉
Open the Edge browser and in the address bar go to edge://extensions
Next, turn on developer mode (bottom left of the page) on the extensions page.
Turn on developer mode and click on the Load Extracted extension button. Then select the folder we just extracted and click Select Folder. After this, turn off developer mode and close Edge completely.
After closing Edge completely, log in to Yellow Yard.
Log in to Yellow Yard and open any LinkedIn profile and test if it works.
How to import a candidate
- After you install the extension, you need to log in to your Yellow Yard profile.
- Open the LinkedIn profile of the candidate you want to import. On the right side of the screen, a purple tab will appear. Click on the tab and a summary of the LinkedIn profile appears.
At the bottom, you can find the options Import or Update. If it is a new candidate, click on the option new and then import. If this is an existing candidate, and you only want to update the profile, click on the profile you want to update.
- Click import/update.
- Choose new and click import, you are given the options candidate or contact.
- Click on the candidate.
- Click on import.
- Now that you have imported the profile to Yellow Yard, you can go straight to the candidate's profile by clicking open profile in Yellow Yard.
- Open the new candidate profile to find a button at the bottom of the profile that says show CV
- Finally, you can put the information from the CV into Yellow yard using the CV wizard. Further instructions can be found in "How do you enter candidate data with the CV wizard?".
How do you enter candidate data with the CV wizard?
The CV wizard is a tool that allows you to add CV data to Yellow Yard in seconds. The tool is a lot faster and easier than retyping the CV and saves your team a lot of time.
- Click on Show CV at the bottom of the list in a candidate profile.
- After clicking on Show CV, click on CV wizard at the top of the CV.
- Now you are at step 2 of the CV wizard. Select all the data that you would like to extract from the CV.
- After you selected all the relevant data, click continue at the bottom of the screen.After you choose all the details you would like to import, enter step 3 check the details.
- On this page check if all the details imported are correct, you can also change and add details.
- After you checked if everything is correct, click complete.
How to import an organization
After installing the extension, you can import LinkedIn profiles of organizations.
- Log in to your Yellow Yard profile.
- After logging into Yellow Yard, open the LinkedIn page of the organization you want to import and click on the Yellow Yard tab on the right side of the screen.
- A new window will appear with an overview of the LinkedIn page, click on new.
- Afterwards click import.
- Now that you have imported the organization the extension gives a confirmation and the option to open the profile immediately, click open profile in Yellow Yard.
- The organization has been added to Yellow Yard and all the data has been entered into the system.
How to import a contact with the LinkedIn extension.
Often all the information you need from a contact person is on his or her LinkedIn page. With our extension, you can copy this information without having to type it yourself.
- You first need to install our Yellow Yard extension and log in to your Yellow Yard.
- Open the LinkedIn page of the contact you want to import. On the right side of the screen, there is a purple tab with the Yellow Yard logo.
- Click the tab and a new window opens with a small overview of the LinkedIn page. Click on new.
- Click on the organization you want to associate the contact with.
- Finally, click on import.
If the organization to which the candidate is linked is not in the system, the text below will appear. In this situation, the organization must first be added to Yellow Yard.
- After you added the contact to Yellow Yard, a confirmation appears with the option open profile in Yellow Yard.